TAO BIN has become a household name in Thailand with thousands of machines deployed throughout the country and hundreds-of-thousands of cups sold per day. Behind these machines is a powerful data platform (vendii) that automatically knows when to refill the machines, what to refill the machines with and provides operators with a suite of tools – monitoring, alerting, analytics, to manage operations at scale. TAO BIN’s growth has been stratospheric and, with no signs of slowing down, next year we are going international. As such, we are looking for an experienced senior backend engineer to come onboard to help take our platform to the next level.
Our team, originally from the acquisition of vendii, is a looking to operate upwards of 100,000 machines worldwide over the next 3 years. We are building the best-in-class platform for vending operations, realised as an event driven distributed system integrating directly with IoT machines in real-time. Areas you’ll be working on include telemetry ingestion, inventory analytics & reporting, data engineering and security. There are many opportunities with giant latitude for you to have a tremendous influence on the direction of the product.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and scaling fault tolerant distributed services, leading technical decisions and a passion for good, clean software. Some basic English language skills would be helpful.
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Building and architecting distributed services
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Database experience – both SQL, NoSQL, with a strong understanding of how they differ and the trade-offs involved with using them
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Leading technical decisions
- At least 2 years’ experience building distributed systems
Highly desirable skills
- Clean Architecture / Ports & Adapters Architecture / SOLID principles
- Domain driven design (DDD)
- Event driven systems
- Messaging systems and brokers (we use kafka)
- Familiarity with CQRS
- Authentication and authorization
- Node.js experience
- DevOps experience
- Data Warehousing
- Cloud experience (we use AWS)
- Full SDLC experience
Our stack today is comprised of TypeScript, Golang, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, Docker, ECS hosted on AWS + more.
We operate a hybrid workplace model – working both from home and the office. We have an office located in the Ari area of Bangkok. We also offer car parking.
Come build beautiful software with us.